- An increase in horsepower offers more power for drilling, as well as tracking and maneuvering the drill around the jobsite, and the ability to run all functions at a high level, providing improved jobsite productivity.
- This feature offers increased flexibility of the drill during operation.
- Increased carriage speeds help contractors install more linear feet per day.
- The system features a digital display and improved onboard diagnostics. The system design uses less wiring and fuses for greater reliability. All S3 Navigator drills have a common control platform, benefitting drill operators with the ability to operate a variety of drills and can lessen the time needed for training.
- The improved hydraulics increase the system’s efficiency, allowing better use of engine horsepower and increasing the drill’s productivity.
Exceptional power: Whether you’re in an urban or commercial job site, the Vermeer D23X30S3 horizontal directional drill stands ready to put power into action with a hefty 100 hp (75 kW) Deutz Tier 4 Final or Tier 3 (EU Stage IIIA) engine. This unit boasts an impressive 24,000 lb (106.8 kN) of thrust/pullback and 3000 ft-lb (4067.5 Nm) of rotational torque – more than enough to get the job done right.
Exceptional hydraulics also make the Vermeer D23X30S3 horizontal directional drill stand out against its competitors – allowing for smoother operation and higher accuracy drills.
Compact design: The D23x30 S3 offers speed and power in a shorter, narrower footprint to help increase productivity when working in a variety of job sites across WA and the NT. Whether you’re on a larger commercial or industrial site or in a compact urban environment, you can be sure to maintain unfettered access to the drill site.
Operator comfort: Experience ultimate comfort and control in Vermeer’s D23X30S3 horizontal directional drill – making training and day to day operations as easy as ever. A common control system makes the job efficient and simple with dual joysticks and an ergonomic operator’s seat for your ultimate comfort and productivity. The operator’s system features a digital display and improved onboard diagnostics for complete peace of mind on the job.
Stay versatile: With increasingly complex job sites, demanding ground conditions and shifting industry expectations – it’s good to stay ahead of the game with HDD equipment you can trust will deliver. The D23x30 S3 can move quickly and effectively between positions with an impressive 5.3 km/h track speed while minimising its footprint over the delicate ground.
Ultimate dependability: Drill deeper knowing you’re in control with a dependable unit that’s proven across the board.
Expect to install consistently and effectively with a carriage speed of 206 ft/min (62.8 m/min) and a rotational speed of 219 rpm. That’s an impressive increase over its predecessor (D20x22 Series II). The Vermeer D23X30S3 directional drill also uses fewer fuses and less wiring across its system, making for a reliable drill – no matter the ground conditions.
Get ahead with Vermeer WA & NT
Experience the Vermeer advantage offering the best after-sales support across our range of HDD equipment
Whether you’re a contractor, local council, or local supplier we are here to support your next move underground.
Get in touch with our experienced sales team here at Vermeer WA & NT for more on how to include the D23X30S3 horizontal directional drill in your fleet.